Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Stumble upons

I love audiobook surprises; you know what I mean - a random title that ends up being much more than expected. For example, I just listened to The Lincoln Lawyer, my first Michael Connelly audio (I know, I know, he's been around forever, always going to the best sellers list - but I hadn't tried him before). The big find was the narrator - Adam Grupper - he's wonderful! The story was good too but Mr. Grupper's reading was perfect. I have little patience for male narrators who use an affected throaty or high pitched or dumb blonde voice for women but Mr. Grupper was spot on! I will watch for more Connelly/Grupper titles in the future.

Another "hmmm, what's this?" find was Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. Wow, what an ending! (I think I may actually have said that out loud as I finished the audio.) I never saw it coming.

No comments: