Tuesday, July 14, 2009

cute Harry Potter story

Last week when I was working, a very young lady (couldn't have been older than 10) was asking me for some books in the Harry Potter series. I was getting them for her, and we were chatting about the series since I'm a big fan myself. She said she might re-read the last book but she wasn't sure, since she "hated" the ending. I was thinking she was perhaps referring to one of the many character deaths that occur in that book and was trying to think of something comforting to say. Then she bursts out "Hermione should have married Harry, not Ron!"

My jaw dropped. What was going through my head was: a) you're too young to care about that; and b) NO SHE SHOULDN'T!!! I managed to squeak out "noooooo" and something about Hermione and Ron being made for each other (obviously!), and that was pretty much it. She went on her way, and I just marveled at the sheer power of a well-told story.

1 comment:

Amber said...

That is a cute story. While reading it I thought Ron and Hermione were made for each other too.