Thursday, July 30, 2009

Working at the Library

Working at the library is amazing for many reasons (other than just being cool, of course). The other day I went out to lunch with a coworker and we found ourselves promoting the library. Our waitress saw our library t-shirts and overheard that we were on our lunch break. She got so excited and starting asking where the library was. We were right down the street but she had no idea she had a Columbus Metropolitan Library branch so close. She talked about using the Main Library but how it was so far away and she didn’t have a chance to go as much as she would like to.

It’s always interesting to me that the moment I mention I work at the library, everyone starts to get all giddy about it. I really do like my job for the most part, but it’s nice to get that extra boost from the community. Seeing people get all excited about where I work gets me excited about where I work too!

It always amazes me too that there are still so many people that have no idea where their closest library is. Do you know where your nearest library is? Do you use just one library or do you check out different branches for different needs? What’s your favorite thing about your local library?

Current Read: The Abortionist’s Daughter by Elisabeth Hyde

No comments: