Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I found a new romance writer that I love!

I love it when I find a new author! I just finished Lisa Kleypas's new novel Smooth Talking Stranger and I enjoyed every minute of it. Kleypas had, to this point, only written historical fiction which isn't one of my strong reading interests. But I picked up Smooth Talking Stranger on the suggestion of a friend, and it is one of the best novels I have read in long time. Its got all the key elements for a good love story: Jack is a rich but down to earth Texas playboy, Ella, his polar opposite, is an environmentalist vegan, Luke is the requisite adorable baby they are both trying to help. Jack and Ella's different views of life clash into some steamy sex scenes that are just graphic enough to make you wish you had a man like Jack in your life. Then there is a tragedy toward the end of the book that turns everyone's life completely around. I very much enjoyed this novel and believe that anyone who likes a good romance will too. But, please read Sugar Daddy and Blue Eyed Devil first; the books are not really a "series," but if you start with Smooth Talking Stranger like I did, you'll have to catch up with Jack's family on your own. Reading Sugar Daddy and Blue Eyed Devil first will give you that introduction.

1 comment:

read2akid said...

I love her stuff. Blue Eyed Devil was a great story, and I really liked the follow-up, too.